Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lou Anarumo VS 2021 VS a replacement DC
(09-20-2020, 06:45 PM)McC Wrote: Are you not at all concerned that in both games so far, Zim's defense has gotten beaten like a red headed stepchild?  They have given up 71 points and the Bengals have given up 46.

I prefer to go with track record.  He's a proven commodity, with a lot of history to support that he's a great defensive mind.

Their DC left in the offseaon to go to Dallas.  They now have two Co-Coordinators.  And they lost a ton of talent in the offseason.

I think he'll get it figured out.  They may not be as good as they were last season, but I don't think their defense will continue to look this bad.  They got a lot of new players they're trying to work in right now.

What really hurt them today was their offense, and specifically Kirk Cousins.  The dude was 11-26 for 113 yards, with no TD's and 3 picks.  He had a 15.9 QB rating.

I don't care how good your defense is, that kind of play from your QB is going to lead to points.  They still only gave up 28, and held Rivers to 215 with 1 TD and 1 INT.  They didn't do great on the ground (151 yards) but were far from abysmal.  Had the offense stayed on the field more, and had they not turned it over, I think the defensive numbers would have actually been pretty strong.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lou Anarumo VS 2021 VS a replacement DC - Wes Mantooth - 09-20-2020, 07:08 PM