Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Need A Portable Heater! PLEASE HELP!
(10-01-2020, 11:59 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I've mentioned my waving deal and I'd like to keep it going at least until there's a vaccine.  

The only problem is that a vaccine likely won't be ready until December (some sites were saying November or October and now I'm seeing maybe not until the spring, which I think is all an attempt to hurt Trump's reelection chances), and it's already getting cold some days here in Greater Cincinnati.  

Does anyone know of a good portable heater that I can buy to take out to the street with me to help keep me warm?

I've seen some for camping but are those only made to be in a tent?

I'm willing to spend up to $200, and I've seen some for as little as $50 to $100, but I just want something that will do the job, so any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Technically speaking, none of them are supposed to be in a tent (think safety).

You could get a bunch of the hand/foot warmer packets that you stuff into gloves and socks.

A possible approach is one that is comes from trying to sleep when camping in cold weather.  Hot water is put into Nalgene bottles and placed in the bottom of the sleeping bag to add supplemental heat during the night.  You could just sit inside the sleeping bag with the hot water bottles inside of it.  Get a couple of YETI type thermoses, and fill them with boiling water before you go out.  Then when the water in the Nalgene bottle has cooled, you will have a reserve supply of hot water.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Need A Portable Heater! PLEASE HELP! - jfkbengals - 10-03-2020, 11:16 AM