Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Expected 1st Round OL for 2021 Draft
(10-15-2020, 08:37 AM)Synric Wrote: Wyatt Davis is one of the few elite prospects in this draft class. I'd love to see him in stripes starting at RG but I could see the team prioritizing a player that could play tackle. 

Sam Cosmi is getting alot of love right now hes having a great year. Alex Leatherwood could take over at RG in 2021 and possibly take over at RT if the draft doesnt fall the right way and they are stuck with Bobby Hart for 1 more year (ugh). 

I agree with this.

As much as Davis probably is the best G prospect to come out since Nelson, the Bengals have never picked a G in the top half of the draft.
And with the way their season is projected to go, they will be picking in the top half.
As such, they would likely pick an OL with potential of playing OT but could start inside for a year or two like Whitworth did.

I'm 100% on board with OL in Rd 1 though. CB can be covered for a year or two, just re-sign WJ3.
WR can get by with Boyd, Higgins, and Tate plus a mid-round draft pick and/or a cheap veteran FA.

The Bengals seriously should consider getting Dunlap's and/or Atkins's cap off the books for 2021 too, as they may need that cap if they're going to extend both WJ3 and Lawson.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Expected 1st Round OL for 2021 Draft - ochocincos - 10-15-2020, 01:03 PM