Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Expected 1st Round OL for 2021 Draft
(10-15-2020, 08:37 AM)Synric Wrote: Wyatt Davis is one of the few elite prospects in this draft class. I'd love to see him in stripes starting at RG but I could see the team prioritizing a player that could play tackle. 

Sam Cosmi is getting alot of love right now hes having a great year. Alex Leatherwood could take over at RG in 2021 and possibly take over at RT if the draft doesnt fall the right way and they are stuck with Bobby Hart for 1 more year (ugh). 
I actually think that tackle play has been the better.... oline play has been by far the weakest at IOL.
(10-15-2020, 01:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I agree with this.

As much as Davis probably is the best G prospect to come out since Nelson, the Bengals have never picked a G in the top half of the draft.
And with the way their season is projected to go, they will be picking in the top half.
As such, they would likely pick an OL with potential of playing OT but could start inside for a year or two like Whitworth did.

I'm 100% on board with OL in Rd 1 though. CB can be covered for a year or two, just re-sign WJ3.
WR can get by with Boyd, Higgins, and Tate plus a mid-round draft pick and/or a cheap veteran FA.

The Bengals seriously should consider getting Dunlap's and/or Atkins's cap off the books for 2021 too, as they may need that cap if they're going to extend both WJ3 and Lawson.
I think that IOL is much worse than tackle. We play the nfc east I got us picking in the 13-16 range.
(10-15-2020, 02:44 PM)samhain Wrote: I'm starting to lean toward Wyatt Davis. If he's being mentioned in the same breath as Nelson, sign me up. Nelson turned the Indy line from the one that forced Andrew Luck into retirement to a pretty good one.

Another reason for Davis: quality over potential. If he's a can't miss guy (as much as anyone can be), then I pull the trigger. This team has gotten maimed by bust first round picks on the OL for a long time. We need to start making them count.

Going cheap and mid-to late round round on the guard position has been a bad deal for the Bengals. Might as well get the best.
I wouldn’t be mad if we went back to back IOL.... another osu lineman is a back end of rd1- early rd2 josh Meyers. A top 4 IOL player in josh Meyers. Trey smith is another option. Iol to get the run game going.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Expected 1st Round OL for 2021 Draft - Jpoore - 10-15-2020, 07:55 PM