Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colts have several positive COVID tests
(10-16-2020, 11:21 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I understand caution, but the NFL has set themselves up for major issues and decisions now on game days. They just changed the rule that all players will be tested now on game day. My question becomes, if one player tests positive, it would be impossible to do all the contact tracing needed to clear every coach, player and staff.

I hope no one ever tests positive on game day, but great chance they will and if it happens and they use the existing protocols, I don't see any scenario the game can be played that day if scheduled.

2020 is going to have a ton of twists and turns to follow and likely a week 18 will be needed to sort it all out, maybe a week 19.

Yep. They've already cancelled the Pro Bowl and they've reserved Raymond James stadium for the entire month of February. If needed, they can use those extra weeks at the end of the year for makeup games. 

Of course, that extends the Super Bowl and it would be more like a college situation where a team plays their last game and then goes several weeks before a bowl/playoff game. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Colts have several positive COVID tests - rfaulk34 - 10-16-2020, 11:28 AM
Possible postponment of Colts game - JSR18 - 10-16-2020, 06:55 PM