Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colts have several positive COVID tests
(10-16-2020, 02:25 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Good to hear

But, the average person who gets tested positive never gets a second test.

Not true.  I've discussed retesting to check for a false positive with many patients.

Quote:It is reported as a Covid Case. How accurate is the number of actual positive tests? It seems daily we see a lot of retested in the athletic world 24 hours later come back negative.  Do they did then change the reporting to the original test being false and remove as ever being positive? Point being I want 100% accuracy and it appears we are not close.

I'm not aware of a single lab test with 100% specificity and sensitivity.

https://www.nfl.com/news/eight-positive-cases-in-latest-covid-19-testing-data-from-nfl-nflpa

The NFL performs over 40,000 Covid tests each week.  What's the highest number of false positives you've heard about?  Seventy-seven? Seventy-seven out of 40K tests equals a false positive rate of 0.2% which means it has a specificity of 98.8%.  You're bellyaching over a 98.8% accuracy rate. That's ridiculous.

Quote:How many people tested positive and then were quarantined and never had Cov-19 at all, just a bad test?

I see no one discuss the accuracy of the testing and the recording of the false negatives.

Really?  Haven't seen anyone discuss the accuracy of testing?

(08-24-2020, 11:28 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: We know about the accuracy issue. It’s an issue with every test including flu tests, strep tests, xrays, and MRIs. It’s more of an issue with Covid testing because these tests are being used with an FDA EUA so manufacturers don’t have to submit validation data to inform us how accurate/inaccurate they are.

And if you have one positive result and one negative result, you’re probably gonna do a third “tie breaker,” right? And the odds of three consecutive tests returning falsely negative or falsely positive are greater than a single test and that reduces the chances someone with Covid will join the team when they shouldn’t. Or be placed on the exempt Covid list when they really aren’t infected. That’s the point of consecutive testing.

Plus page after page of a google search results for Covid 19 testing accuracy . . .

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=ZA-LX6nbEoSL5wLfkaz4Bg&q=covid+19+testing+accuracy&oq=covid+19+testing+accuracy&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzIFCAAQyQMyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAAyBggAEBYQHjIGCAAQFhAeMgYIABAWEB46BQgAELEDOgsILhCxAxDHARCjAjoICAAQsQMQgwE6BQguEJMCOggILhCxAxCDAToLCAAQsQMQgwEQyQM6BQgAEJIDOggILhDHARCvAToFCC4QsQM6CAgAELEDEMkDOggILhDHARCjAlDMClipQ2DQRmgBcAB4AIABV4gB7QuSAQIyNpgBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXo&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwipnfGc-rvsAhWExVkKHd8IC28Q4dUDCAw&uact=5#spf=1602948973870
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Colts have several positive COVID tests - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 10-17-2020, 12:38 PM
Possible postponment of Colts game - JSR18 - 10-16-2020, 06:55 PM