Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals 1-1 at Home
The Rebuilding Bengals are 1-1 at Home. They have had 4 road games in 6 games. All games were close except Baltimore who is a Super Bowl Type Team.

Now I'm old enough to have seen the 1968 and 1969 Bengals at age of 13 and 14. The building team could not win on the road, but they pulled some upsets at home. Most of the 1970 teams wins to NFL Play-Offs came at home. So I discovered home field does make a difference.

Because it is home, I like Bengals chances of beating Cleveland and getting the Ohio Split. The game in Cleveland was a close score.

So Bengals will go to 2-1 at home this weekend. They will not be a good road team with rookies leading them, but Bengals will pull off some nice Home Wins in 2020. This team is on the rise. Unlike 2019, they are playing everybody close. The Rebuilding Bengals just need some Home Games.

Bengals get off the road and pull in a nice Home Win in Cincy over Cleveland. Go to 2-1 at Home.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor said something yesterday that really left me scratching my head.

"It's tough to win games on the road."

Is that really true right now? How many fans did Indy have? 5,000?

You're not dealing with an exactly hostile crowd, you're not dealing with struggling to hear the snap count, etc.

It really doesn't seem like to me, that home or way matters all that much this year. It would be one thing if we had to go 2k miles out West, and had to deal with the time difference and jet lag. But Indy is about 100 miles away.

Winning on the road can be tough, in normal seasons. This season? Not as much.

Dwelling on the home vs. away angle can often be seen an excuse. (Good teams still win on the road.) But in 2020 it almost seems like an embarrassment to even mention it.
Reply/Quote
I agree with you Wes that good teams win on the road. My point is this is a Rebuilding Team and they rarely win on the road.

Bengals who are 1-1 at home finally get off the road and beat Cleveland to split Ohio Series. Go to 2-1 at Home. This team will have some nice home wins in 2020.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 02:33 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Zac Taylor said something yesterday that really left me scratching my head.

"It's tough to win games on the road."

Is that really true right now?  How many fans did Indy have?  5,000?

You're not dealing with an exactly hostile crowd, you're not dealing with struggling to hear the snap count, etc.

It really doesn't seem like to me, that home or way matters all that much this year.  It would be one thing if we had to go 2k miles out West, and had to deal with the time difference and jet lag.  But Indy is about 100 miles away.

Winning on the road can be tough, in normal seasons.  This season?  Not as much.

Dwelling on the home vs. away angle can often be seen an excuse. (Good teams still win on the road.)  But in 2020 it almost seems like an embarrassment to even mention it.

Because you are only focusing on fan noise, in your hatred of all things Taylor. You also have to throw in travel, sleeping in a hotel bed, eating sack lunches and dinners because they (the NFL) will not trust restaurants, not in your facility, etc etc etc. Fan noise is only one factor.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 02:26 PM)kevin Wrote: The Rebuilding Bengals are 1-1 at Home. They have had 4 road games in 6 games. All games were close except Baltimore who is a Super Bowl Type Team.

Now I'm old enough to have seen the 1968 and 1969 Bengals at age of 13 and 14. The building team could not win on the road, but they pulled some upsets at home. Most of the 1970 teams wins to NFL Play-Offs came at home. So I discovered home field does make a difference.

Because it is home, I like Bengals chances of beating Cleveland and getting the Ohio Split. The game in Cleveland was a close score.

So Bengals will go to 2-1 at home this weekend. They will not be a good road team with rookies leading them, but Bengals will pull off some nice Home Wins in 2020. This team is on the rise. Unlike 2019, they are playing everybody close. Th Rebuilding Bengals just need some Home Games.

Bengals get off the road and pull in a nice Home Win in Cincy over Cleveland. Go to 2-1 at Home.

Who cares about any of this?
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 02:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Because you are only focusing on fan noise, in your hatred of all things Taylor. You also have to throw in travel, sleeping in a hotel bed, eating sack lunches and dinners because they (the NFL) will not trust restaurants, not in your facility, etc etc etc. Fan noise is only one factor.

Hotel beds and sack lunches!

Lololol

They also have to use a new toilet on the road, and connect to new WiFi. All of these things can really create havoc on the road for these bungles

Omg. I didn’t even consider this one...they also have to find their room number and use the key card to get in it. I’m not sure how we’re ever going to win on the road .
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 02:26 PM)kevin Wrote: The Rebuilding Bengals are 1-1 at Home.   They have had 4 road games in 6 games.  All games were close except Baltimore who is a Super Bowl Type Team.

Now I'm old enough to have seen the 1968 and 1969 Bengals at age of 13 and 14.  The building team could not win on the road, but they pulled some upsets at home.  Most of the 1970 teams wins to NFL Play-Offs came at home. So I discovered home field does make a difference.

Because it is home, I like Bengals chances of beating Cleveland and getting the Ohio Split.   The game in Cleveland was a close score.

So Bengals will go to 2-1 at home this weekend.  They will not be a good road team with rookies leading them, but Bengals will pull off some nice Home Wins in 2020. This team is on the rise. Unlike 2019, they are playing everybody close.  Th Rebuilding Bengals just need some Home Games.  

Bengals get off the road and pull in a nice Home Win in Cincy over Cleveland.  Go to 2-1 at Home.

Even if the Bengals won half of their home games, they haven't won an away game since before Taylor arrived.
If that trend continues, the Bengals would be looking at 4-11-1.
Is that ok?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 02:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Because you are only focusing on fan noise, in your hatred of all things Taylor. You also have to throw in travel, sleeping in a hotel bed, eating sack lunches and dinners because they (the NFL) will not trust restaurants, not in your facility, etc etc etc. Fan noise is only one factor.

You’re really scrapping the bottom the barrel for excuses here. Travel? It was freaking Indy, not Seattle. Sack lunches? LOL

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 04:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re really scrapping the bottom the barrel for excuses here. Travel? It was freaking Indy, not Seattle. Sack lunches? LOL

So you're saying travelling the day before the game, sleeping in a hotel, eating food provided in, yes, a sack due to covid, getting up going in to a different facility is just the same as getting up and driving from your home to your own locker room on the morning of game day? Ok..... Hilarious
And yes, this game was Indy, but the thread wasn't about just this game, it was about home vs. away.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 04:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So you're saying travelling the day before the game, sleeping in a hotel, eating food provided in, yes, a sack due to covid, getting up going in to a different facility is just the same as getting up and driving from your home to your own locker room on the morning of game day? Ok..... Hilarious
And yes, this game was Indy, but the thread wasn't about just this game, it was about home vs. away.

They haven’t won a single road game under ZT even going back to last season. The COVID stuff (that every team is dealing with) is a really weak excuse.

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 04:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They haven’t won a single road game under ZT even going back to last season. The COVID stuff (that every team is dealing with) is a really weak excuse.

Did I say it was a valid EXCUSE. I simply pointed out there are other factors in playing away vs. home other than crowd noise.
Reply/Quote
I do agree its harder to beat teams on their home field for a lot of reasons a basic one just being on the field they are most used to being on.

But in Zac's case he may as well have said "its hard to win at all". If we are going to be a good team, road games are no excuse.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals just keep attacking the record books this season. 

First they tied the record for the most winless one score games in a row (15).

They now hold the record for most blown 21 points leads of any franchise (6).

And...if Zac loses the remaining 4 road games this year, he will tie another record for futility. 
Reply/Quote

You do know a number of (most?) NFL teams stay in a hotel even for home games, right?

It's been that way for a long, long time.  It done to keep their guys in check leading up to the game (not partying, getting to sleep on time, staying out of trouble).

So the experience of sleeping in hotel bed is universal for a lot of guys, whether they're home or away.

As far as the sack lunches, are you serious right now? 
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 04:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: eating food provided in, yes, a sack due to covid,

I wonder if the Bengals have special security to guard the sacked lunches.  We wouldn't want this to happen, or are guys would be starving...

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 03:00 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: Hotel beds and sack lunches!

Lololol

He's not BS'ing you. I used to live out of a hotel for months at a time for my job. Hotel beds are not your bed. They are not comfortable because they are stiff so they last longer. I was miserably tired a lot because you just don't get a good nights sleep. Same with the damn pillows. Which as for the food, I would guess they have food at the hotel made for them on the premium. Can't risk public food in away states. Didn't you ever see the sitcom "Coach?" Restaurant may purposely taint the food so the players are sick come game time. Think that wouldn't happen in 2020? It may sound rediculous, but if I was a coach or owner, I sure wouldn't trust it.

His other points are valid as well. It is tougher to win on the road.

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 06:11 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I wonder if the Bengals have special security to guard the sacked lunches.  We wouldn't want this to happen, or are guys would be starving...

No shit, I stayed at the Hampton inn a lot because they allowed smoking in the rooms in Mississippi. Only chain left to allow it. Every morning after breakfast, they provided a sack lunch for you. Usually contained a piece of fruit, a snack like a brownie, fig newton or something like that and some crackers or something. Not fancy at all, but I ate one everyday because it was much healthier than eating deep fried everything in MS for lunch. LOL

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 06:23 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: No shit, I stayed at the Hampton inn a lot because they allowed smoking in the rooms in Mississippi. Only chain left to allow it. Every morning after breakfast, they provided a sack lunch for you. Usually contained a piece of fruit, a snack like a brownie, fig newton or something like that and some crackers or something. Not fancy at all, but I ate one everyday because it was much healthier than eating deep fried everything in MS for lunch. LOL

That's their patented You're not From Here lunch.  Hope they remembered the grits and sweet tea.

When I was a kid we were in Georgia and stopped for breakfast. m The waitress asked me how I wanted my grits and I replied "not on my plate." She looked at me as though I had climbed up on the table, dropped trou and took a dump.  On reflection, it probably wasn't too smart of me to eat the food she did bring me  Sick
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
[Image: xNI0uPJ.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 06:19 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He's not BS'ing you. I used to live out of a hotel for months at a time for my job. Hotel beds are not your bed. They are not comfortable because they are stiff so they last longer. I was miserably tired a lot because you just don't get a good nights sleep. Same with the damn pillows. Which as for the food, I would guess they have food at the hotel made for them on the premium. Can't risk public food in away states. Didn't you ever see the sitcom "Coach?" Restaurant may purposely taint the food so the players are sick come game time. Think that wouldn't happen in 2020? It may sound rediculous, but if I was a coach or owner, I sure wouldn't trust it.

His other points are valid as well. It is tougher to win on the road.

hahhaaahhaha, Yeah, this is some hilarious BS

17 of the 32 teams in the NFL have a record of .500 or better on the road this year, 15 of those 17 have a winning record. 

24/32 teams have won an away game

Last year EVERY TEAM IN THE NFL WON AN AWAY GAME, except the bungles

Keep talking about the sack lunch you ate 17 years ago at some 1 Star RedRoof Inn, rural POS hotel.  Totally relatable to NFL travel 

Oh, and basing your astute opinion on a Comedy TV show from 25 years ago as well.  Hilarious stuff, please keep it coming. 
Reply/Quote