Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Reason Why the Bengals Might Not be Patient (Stadium Deal)
(10-21-2020, 04:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I disagree.  he only gave Dick Lebeau two drafts and offseasons to build a winner.  I don't see what he would give Zac more than that with just 7 wins in 2 seasons.

If a coach can't improve a team with the addition of two first round picks and an $18 million WR on offense and five new free agent starters on defense then it is time to move on.

With the LeBeau, his contract had expired and they were in the midst of huge public / media uproar calling for change. It made the situation very easy on Mike. He didn't have to 'fire' the HC and he could simply move onto the search for a new coach, while looking like he was appeasing the fan base at the same time.

This situation is different. Zac is under contract, and they have gone all-in on him. The huge free agency doesn't happen without Zac. This front office has never believed in spending big in free agency...until Zac. As Mike said about him...'He loves ideas. He can present them in a way that works. People accept what he says'. 

I believe they are going to give Zac every opportunity to ride this out and see where it goes.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reason Why the Bengals Might Not be Patient (Stadium Deal) - Bengalholic - 10-21-2020, 04:36 PM