Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ngakoue traded to Ravens...what could Bengals' players fetch?
(10-22-2020, 01:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's worth noting that guys like Atkins and Dunlap can only return a 5th round comp pick at max btw, as they all fall under this rule...

If a player has accrued 10+ years in the league and is over the age of 30, the team is not awarded higher than a 5th round compensatory pick for letting that player go.

Remember, we saw this exact thing happen with Whitworth. Hope they don't make the same mistake with Green, Atkins, and Dunlap.

I'm not sure if AJ Green falls into the same category because he didn't play a snap in 2019, and as such I don't know if they count that as a year of accrual. But if it does count, he'll also fall into this category, as he's been in league since 2011.

If they release Dunlap and Atkins then there not getting anything for him it only counts for real free agents.
And yes Green will only net them a 5th rd Comp maybe even less do to his contract that he will sign next season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ngakoue traded to Ravens...what could Bengals' players fetch? - J24 - 10-22-2020, 01:33 PM