Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ngakoue traded to Ravens...what could Bengals' players fetch?
(10-22-2020, 12:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yannick Ngakoue was just traded from MIN to BAL for a 2021 3rd rounder and conditional 2022 5th rounder. Ngakoue is set to hit FA this coming offseason, so it's just a half-year rental.
How do you think that affects the Bengals' likelihood of trading high-priced veterans like Green, Dunlap, and Atkins?

Note that Ngakoue has 5.0 sacks out of 6 games this season, which is good production. The Bengals' veterans, thus far, have probably had their value take a hit based on their production this year.

As such, I don't think Green would get more than a 4th rounder. I think Dunlap and Atkins MAY be able to get a 3rd rounder because the team that would get them would have Dunlap through 2021 and Atkins through 2022. With that said, I think a 4th rounder is probably the highest for them given their age and lack of production this year so far.

Should the Bengals consider trading a younger guy like Lawson if they don't plan on re-signing him? He's leading the team in sacks but is in a contract year.

Would trade Green, Dunlap and Geno to get 2 more 4th round picks no problem.

I would not trade Lawson, I would sign him to an extension as he has finally started to stay healthy and is in his prime.

Finally got decent at stopping the run to boot. Think it is the wrong time to move on from him.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ngakoue traded to Ravens...what could Bengals' players fetch? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 10-22-2020, 02:13 PM