Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ngakoue traded to Ravens...what could Bengals' players fetch?
(10-23-2020, 07:50 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Regarding comp picks, I wouldn't expect us to get any this year.  Someone that is more knowledgeable than me can probably better explain this, but this is how I understand it.

1.) You have to lose more talent than you sign.  There's some sort of calculation and cancelation formula that they work out to do this.  But with us already projected to have 30 mil in space at the reduced 175, and with us likely to move on from Geno and Carlos, I'd look for us to be pretty proactive in free agency.

I think we currently are projected to have the 10th most space.  Add in Geno and Carlos to that total, and I think we'll most likely cancel out any talent that leaves by bringing in new talent.

2.) I'm 99.9% sure that AJ is not eligible for any draft compensation for us.  It's eiter due to him being franchised and/or it's his age.  I'm almost postive I read this somewhere.

Any player who is over the age of 30 and has accrued 10+ seasons cannot return higher than a 5th round comp pick.
This is technically AJ's 10th year in the league, even though he didn't play all of last season.
If Dunlap and Atkins are kept through their contracts, they would fall under the same category.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ngakoue traded to Ravens...what could Bengals' players fetch? - ochocincos - 10-23-2020, 11:47 PM