Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Taylor should get no credit for Burrow
(10-26-2020, 10:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: About time someone said it. I've seen Taylor getting entirely too much credit around here

Oh, I believe Taylor should be given 100% credit. 100% credit for the dismal, NFL worst record over the past 2 years. He owns it 100%, along with his pals and the front office.

(10-27-2020, 08:27 AM)Au165 Wrote: This is absolutely stupid to say. Zac Taylor could be the greatest QB coach ever but because he is the head coach anything he does/did with Joe is discarded. Those two things don't have to be mutually exclusive, he can be both a horrible head coach but also did a great job to get Joe ready. There is so much that goes into preparation beyond just play-calling, especially with a rookie QB, and they had to figure out how to do it with no offseason. I'll go the opposite direction, Zac Taylor should be getting far more credit for actually getting him up and running. It doesn't matter how "pro-ready," you think he was he wasn't a pro and they got him up and running from damn near day 1 which was impressive.

I think if this experiment with Zac doesn't work out, which it is trending that way, he will get a chance as an offensive coordinator on a team with a young QB because I think he has a chance to do that well contrary to how some around here feel.

Taylor is the head coach, not the QB coach. He should be judged by his own actual job performance, which has been awful. The QB coach is Dan Pitcher, who is doing a decent job of at least not screwing up Burrow.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Taylor should get no credit for Burrow - BengalChris - 10-27-2020, 01:07 PM