Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How is Carlos Dunlap Still Here?
(10-27-2020, 03:51 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Didn't the Jags trade a very unhappy Jalen Ramsey? I know Dunlap is not Ramsey, but if they keep him on roster or suspend him without pay), the likely he brings a 3rd or 4th round comp pick as someone will pay him and sign him.

Bigger point is an attorney or 2 or 3 of the Bengals is looking at the contract right now. Can they suspend him without pay an dthen win in court? At same time, they are trying to trade him. Again, some needy playoff teams would love Dunlap for 2020 and 2021 in my opinion.

Other option is cut him and then team that signs him (he could talk to all 31 teams to get best deal for him), any contract he gets from them in 2020 offsets the Bengals contract leaving Bengals on the hook for only the difference.

I believe, due to Dunlaps age and service length that the Bengals would get nothing more than a 5th round comp pick, plus he's contracted through next season. You would not see a comp pick until 2023 and after not playing for a season and a half, Dunlap wouldn't bring enough to get any comp pick at all.

Why go through all of that when he could be traded now?

If you trade him his contract will go with him, provided that's part of the deal. The Bengals could agree to eat some of the salary for a higher pick. But Mikey is cheap, so he'll want the higher pick and the contract gone. This will drag the Bengals' committee into indecision.

If you cut him, you eat the dead money.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How is Carlos Dunlap Still Here? - BengalChris - 10-27-2020, 03:55 PM
RE: How is Carlos Dunlap Still Here? - J24 - 10-28-2020, 12:37 AM
RE: How is Carlos Dunlap Still Here? - CJD - 10-27-2020, 03:32 PM
RE: How is Carlos Dunlap Still Here? - J24 - 10-27-2020, 03:40 PM