Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QBs for the rest of the year
Over the last three seasons combined there are 68 QBs with at least 80 pass attempts.  Only 2 of them have completed less than 50% of their passes.

Brandon Allen......46.4%
Ryan Finley.........45.4%

Instead of listing all the other individual stats I will just note that in passer rating (which includes comp%, int%, td%, and yds/att) Allen is 60th (68.3) and Finley is 66th (55.5).

And as for avoiding pass rushers, Allen was 60th in sack% while Finley was 67th.

It is going to be PAINFUL to watch the rest of the games this year.
Reply/Quote
We’ll get to see Bates ball out- with as much as the defense will be on the field. I think there’s talent on that side of the ball- it’s just being used wrong- so there’s a reason to watch ... for me anyway.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
I have no idea why we don't see if we can do anything with Rosen.

Here's a fact that surprised me:

He's 3 months younger than Joe Burrow.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 01:26 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: We’ll get to see Bates ball out- with as much as the defense will be on the field. I think there’s talent on that side of the ball- it’s just being used wrong- so there’s a reason to watch ... for me anyway.

I am not one of those guys who has given up and won't watch.  There are plenty of reasons to still watch.

But it is going to painful to watch the offense.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 01:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have no idea why we don't see if we can do anything with Rosen.

This.

We might as well taker a look at any QB available.  We have nothing to lose.

I am hoping Finley looks better after a full week of reps with the first team in practice.  Last year his third start was his best and it was against the Steelers.  Maybe he was just getting used to the feel of things after three weeks of practice with the first team.  But for some reason that was also his last start.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 01:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have no idea why we don't see if we can do anything with Rosen.

(11-28-2020, 01:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This.

We might as well taker a look at any QB available.  We have nothing to lose.

I am hoping Finley looks better after a full week of reps with the first team in practice.  Last year his third start was his best and it was against the Steelers.  Maybe he was just getting used to the feel of things after three weeks of practice with the first team.  But for some reason that was also his last start.

Yeah, I don't get it.

We know finley isn't there. We know allen isn't there, but I guess zac is more familiar with him. Seems like this is a great opportunity to try something different. Hell, sign a guy off the street.

Could be the greatest help wanted ad ever. "Have two good knees but only want one? Like working one day a week? Thrive in high pressure environments? Call us!"
Reply/Quote
Well, it just came out that they signed Kevin Hogan to their practice squad: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2020/11/28/bengals-sign-qb-kevin-hogan-practice-squad/6449612002/

I thought about creating a new thread, but then I thought I'd just put it here.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 01:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Over the last three seasons combined there are 68 QBs with at least 80 pass attempts.  Only 2 of them have completed less than 50% of their passes.

Brandon Allen......46.4%
Ryan Finley.........45.4%

Instead of listing all the other individual stats I will just note that in passer rating (which includes comp%, int%, td%, and yds/att) Allen is 60th (68.3) and Finley is 66th (55.5).

And as for avoiding pass rushers, Allen was 60th in sack% while Finley was 67th.

It is going to be PAINFUL to watch the rest of the games this year.

Never fear, Kevin Hogan is here!
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 02:12 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Well, it just came out that they signed Kevin Hogan to their practice squad: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2020/11/28/bengals-sign-qb-kevin-hogan-practice-squad/6449612002/

I thought about creating a new thread, but then I thought I'd just put it here.

I guess I should have read the whole thread first Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I'd just run the hell outta the wildcat for the rest of the year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
This is the perfect time to bring Colin Kaepernick to Cincinnati for the rest of the season.

Half of the country wants to see him start. Half of the country wants to see him get his ass kicked. As a Bengal he’ll start AND get his ass kicked! It’s a win-win!
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 06:40 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This is the perfect time to bring Colin Kaepernick to Cincinnati for the rest of the season.

Half of the country wants to see him start.  Half of the country wants to see him get his ass kicked.  As a Bengal he’ll start AND get his ass kicked!  It’s a win-win!

My goodness man, for the first time ever, the bengals can make everyone happy!
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 01:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not one of those guys who has given up and won't watch.  There are plenty of reasons to still watch.

But it is going to painful to watch the offense.

The thing I love most about my Direct TV NFL package, I can watch the Bengals and 3 other or 7 other games at the same time.

So, once Bengals are out of playoff hunt, I watch them, but my attention is more on better teams and batter games.

I hate losing, but also hate stupidity. We are in #3 draft position which is huge and more important in a year the cap is decreasing by 20 to 25 million versus going up 10 to 15 million. Plus, we should get at a minimum 2 players who can make strong contributions at rookie prices in 2021 to go with the 2020 draft class.

So yes, I would be rooting for the Giants this week and opposing teams the rest of the way. There is not one great reason to win a game, especially today against a team that would jump us in draft position if they lose to us.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote