Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Taylor on course to be epically bad
I don't post very often, but I looked at my criticism of Zac from last year, I looked at my post and criticism from last year on this board.

A lot of them still hold true this year. It seems my number one critique of Zac last year was that we would pass the ball way too much.

At one point I had written down stats that showed we passed the ball 71% percent of the time, I remarked that he showed no desire to form a running attack.

I was of the opinion that he'd pass the ball 70 times a game, every game, if he could get away with it. I remarked that he'd get Andy Dalton, or any QB that had the misfortune of playing for him hurt.

I commented that he'd force a round player into his square playbook, at his and his players own detriment. Ala forcing Dunlap, your blitzing DE, to play zone coverage.

Like today, you know your missing Burrow, so most coaches would try and establish a running game to help your QB out. No, if Zac had his way Allen would of tossed it 60 times today.

I did this last year and I'll do it again.

Let's look at the top 8 and bottom 8 in pass to run ratio.

Chicago 66.3, Jacksonville 65.22, Cincinnati 63.79, Philadelphia 63.48, Tampa Bay 62.97, Dallas 62.4, Detroit 61.84 and Houston 61.73.  They have a combined record of 29-56-2.

The bottom 8 or most run oriented teams.

Cleveland 47.88, Baltimore 48.1, New England 49.3, Minnesota 49.75, Tennessee 51.33, Las Vegas 51.57, New Orleans 53.89 and Arizona 54.67. They have a combined record of 53-34-0.

Now, I'm not saying that we need to run the ball like Cleveland or Baltimore. That's not our game, but Zac has never wanted any vision of a rushing attack. It has lead to our QB getting injured.

Now he got a lot of criticism for being pass happy last year, but in the last 6 games he changed and he actually started to win. However, he's reverted right back again.

This is why I blame him for Burrow getting injured. It was written on the wall that eventually he'd get injured playing him like this.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Taylor on course to be epically bad - TheBengalsMind - 11-30-2020, 01:09 AM