Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Recent history says keeping Zac is a mistake
(12-31-2020, 06:34 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I wasn't defending Zac... read the entire reply. It wasn't that long.

To say coaches don't improve is either stupidity or ignorance is my point.

These guys by your logic suck as coaches and should never have been allowed to coach again

Jack Pardee - brutal first year as a head coach with the Bears. Then got a second job where he went .500 in 3 years with Washington. Finally he went to Houston and went to the playoffs four straight times. 

Bill Walsh - First year 2-14. Second year 6-10. Third year, Super Bowl... but coaches don't get better.....

Bill Belichick was 36–44 with the Browns and fired before going to New England and becoming the hoodie.

Pete Carroll looked bad with the Jets, now in Seattle he has a Super Bowl.

Lou Holtz went 3-10 with the Jets... pretty sure he isn't a bad coach.

There was another coach named Saban, went 6-10 with Miami.... I think he is actually a good coach now though....

I'm not saying Zac is the answer or is magically going to turn into Walsh and take this team to the playoffs but you have to be a trolling if you say coaches can't improve over time, like every other profession on the planet.
I think everyone would agree that people get better at almost every profession with time.

Walsh won the Super Bowl in year 3 partly because he became a better coach but I bet more importantly he was able to sign FA's, trade for players and have good draft picks to get into that position. In other words he was allowed to finish what they hired him for. Imagine if his second year was under a pandemic and his team was as injured as our team. They fire him resulting in us probably winning 2 Super Bowls.
It is interesting to note his first year of coaching was Montana first year. The 1979 49ers were the only team in NFL history to lose 12 games in which they held a lead.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Recent history says keeping Zac is a mistake - SuperBowlBound! - 12-31-2020, 07:05 PM