Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeVonta Smith could make our offense unstoppable.
(12-30-2020, 05:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I really like DeVonta Smith, but I like Ja'Marr Chase and Kyle Pitts even more. I also like Smith's teammate Jaylen Waddle.
If the Bengals can properly address OL in FA and are comfortable with their CBs, another premier pass catcher would be a great luxury.

Ja’marr Chase and Jaylen Waddle are better 1 on 1 wr in the short to intermediate field with Jaylen Waddle being the most athletic and best deep threat. But Waddle’s game comes with its own concerns.

I think DeVonta Smith plays more intelligently/flexibly which I think would translate as the best of the three for our team. His film shows that he routinely busts deep secondary coverage because of his decision making meaning that given NFL defenses that have the ability to compete with WR like Waddle 1 on 1, I expect Smith to play better within the team/scheme whereas it seems that Alabama had to specifically design plays to get Waddle 1 on 1 coverage. This is very similar to the issue we had with John Ross.

Ja’marr seems to be less of a concern but my vote:

Smith -> Chase -> someone else besides Waddle (I don’t particularly like players with his game.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: DeVonta Smith could make our offense unstoppable. - DYT_Bengal - 12-30-2020, 05:33 PM