Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeVonta Smith could make our offense unstoppable.
(01-01-2021, 04:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Well, I went to college for myself, and it's my responsibility to get my own job. I am not going to rely on the help of others to do so.
If you're going to use that logic, then shouldn't there be critique for any player who enters the draft early vs staying through their full eligibility?

Even if you take Covid out of it, if you pull out the scales and put 3-4 years of non-paid college play against 10+ years of professional, paid football, which one is more important?

I get his argument. Responsibility to your committment. I just don't think it holds much water because Universities certainly profit off the talent and i doubt they really would feel any responsibility for a players future earnings if they were to get a devastating injury while playing college ball. 

How many colleges have stepped up and supplimented a guys income because he was injured playing, while he rehabbed after leaving the school? Let alone paid the difference of the money that was lost due to a drop in the draft. Where's the responsibility there?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: DeVonta Smith could make our offense unstoppable. - rfaulk34 - 01-01-2021, 06:44 PM