Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeVonta Smith could make our offense unstoppable.
(01-04-2021, 01:14 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: There's no way I take a WR at #5.  Makes very little sense.

(01-04-2021, 02:52 PM)Beaker Wrote: This is a very deep WR class. We can definitely get a good one later on. We do not take one with a top 5 pick, that would be stupid. We have two good WRs in Boyd and Higgins. With the glaring holes on the O and D lines, we do not need a third WR more than a lineman. At 5, you trade back with some QB hungry team, get an extra pick, and take OT Darrisaw from Va Tech. Started every game since freshman year, got better each year, is massive, has a huge reach and is athletic in both the run and pass blocking depts. If we pick up an OL during FA, then take Pitts.

Agree.  We have adequate depth at WR, but we desperately need OL and DL help.  We also have no TE, could use a stud LB, and need some CB help if WJIII walks.  My current preference would be Sewell, then Parsons, then Surtain/Farley, then Pitts.  I'd like to see another OT test well and shoot up the board (Slater? Darrisaw? Vera-Tucker?) as well as a couple of DL/pass rushers (Paye? Rosseau?) to give us and other teams some more options.  We just have too many other needs to spend a first on a WR.

BTW, did you know that out of all the 14 playoff teams this year, only 2 have a first-round WR as their leading receiver?  TB (Evans) and Bal (Brown).  Anecdotal, sure, but still interesting. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: DeVonta Smith could make our offense unstoppable. - shanebo - 01-05-2021, 12:05 PM