Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 NFL Mock Draft Challenge: January
5: R1 P5 OT Penei Sewell - Oregon

I have been the guy who has pushed hard not to go OT here, however, I made the assumption we didn't quite go all-in on O line like the rumor says so instead I went with the safe pick here at 5 to ensure the tackles are set for a while.

37: R2 P5 LB Zaven Collins - Tulsa

This guy is one of my favorite players in the draft and I am sure he is long gone before 37, but in this simulation, he was there so I took him. Some will point out I didn't get any EDGE players, however, Collins can be an EDGE or stack backer and his versatility reminds me a lot of TJ Watt.

69: R3 P5 C Creed Humphrey - Oklahoma

Value play here in the 3rd but the timing for us is fortuitous as Hopkins will miss the first part of the year with a torn ACL so Humphrey will bring his three years of starts to Cincy as a rookie and start for us day 1. Once Hopkins returns they can battle out to kick to a guard spot.

107: R4 P5 TE Brevin Jordan - Miami

Before there was Kyle Pitts there was Brevin Jordan. Entering the year he was believed to be a potential 1st round pick and TE1. While his year didn't quite go as expected he still possesses all the skills that had people talking before the year. In the 4th round, this was a straight value play that should make the Sample haters happy.

146: R5 P5 DL Haskell Garrett - Ohio State

It's a little late for my liking to dip our toe in the water for DL but this is where we landed. I like Garrett alot but his lack of experience is what drops him down the board. Was he a one year wonder? I'm not sure but here on day 3 these 3 technique could give us a lot of upside.

184: R6 P5 S James Wiggins - Cincinnati

With Shawn Williams most likely gone and Brandon Wilson a potential FA our safety depth is looking, suspect. Wiggins was one of the best players on a really good Bearcats defense and anytime you can get a guy like that in the 6th you pull the trigger.

227: R7 P5 CB Shakur Brown - Michigan State

This isn't about addressing Alexander or Jackson, this is a move to make sure a guy like Sims never sees snaps here again. I like Brown and thought he had a chance to go much earlier entering the year. I think there is still a lot of upside here to work on and he could be a nice depth piece in time.

229: R7 P7 WR Whop Philyor - Indiana

In round 7 you got to take a guy with the name Whop! Joking aside, the four-year starter at Indiana has a chance to breakout in the NFL. While not always getting a ton of targets due to being lined up across from Ty Fryfogle (Who probably is drafted on day 2) he made the most of his chances picking up 9.2 yards per reception this past season.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2021 NFL Mock Draft Challenge: January - Au165 - 01-11-2021, 09:52 AM