147. Cincinnati Bengals
Drake Jackson IOL, Kentucky

185. Cincinnati Bengals
Bobby Brown III IDL, Texas A&M

228. Cincinnati Bengals
Damon Hazelton WR, Missouri

246. Cincinnati Bengals
Paddy Fisher LB, Northwestern

Obviously my primary objective was to pay attention to both lines, selecting both an interior and edge player for each. Drake caught my attention in the 5th, as his scouting report described him as "the quick man on combo blocks, and has power to drive man off the ball in A gap". That athleticism should translate nicely to Pollack's Wide Zone blocking scheme. We discovered this year that you can never have too many capable DTs, so with Brown being a huge, powerful, space eating type of man; I figure that Hobby should be able to develop him into a rotational player as a 6th round rookie.

Adebo projects as a starting boundary CB in the 3rd. Hopefully Bengals bring back Alexander, and sign Jackson for at least a year to allow Adebo to transition.

Doubled down at WR, because we need the stock. Schwartz is an intriguing prospect. Despite his size, his speed and athleticism present him as an option as both a Jet Sweep/gadget player, but also the speed to be an over the top threat. Hazleton is a big bodied man with good hands and speed. Can never have too many of those guys.

I like Jaelan Phillips on the edge, as he projects well in Odd or Even fronts, and he should be able to make an immediate impact on the Bengals hybrid defense. Paddy Fisher is a classic big bodied inside LB that could benefit from some NFL coaching. He may find some spot duty on obvious rushing downs/goal line defense and 'teams.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2021 NFL Mock Draft Challenge: January - SunsetBengal - 01-17-2021, 12:47 PM