Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Storming Of The Capitol Building
(08-29-2021, 10:52 AM)GMDino Wrote: I bet Biden or Obama or Clinton said their supporters should beat the hell out of people who disagree with them too!  Ninja

What did Trump say?  Is it the "fight like hell" thing?

Joe Biden:

"If we were in High School I'd take him behind the gym and beat the hell out of him."

Nancy Pelosi:

"You gotta be ready to throw a punch."

John Tester:

"Donald Trump, I think you gotta go and punch him in the face."

Maxine Waters:

“You think we’re rallying now? You ain’t seen nothing yet.” “Already you have members of your Cabinet that are being booed out of restaurants ... protesters taking up at their house saying ‘no peace, no sleep.’”

“If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them and you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere,” she added.

Cynthia Johnson (This one is the most frightening):

"So, this is just a warning to you Trumpers. Be careful. Walk lightly. We ain’t playing with you. Enough of the shenanigans. Enough is enough,"  "And for those of you who are soldiers, you know how to do it. Do it right. Be in order. Make them pay. I love y’all."

Madonna at a DNC rally to applause:

"I have thought an awful lot about blowing up the White House."

Johnny Depp to applause in the UK:

When was the last time an actor assinated the Preseident?"

Cory Booker:

"I wanna punch him in the face." ... "Please get up in the face of some congresspeople."

Chuck Shumer:

"I want to tell you Gorsuch, I want to tell you Kavenugh, you have released the whirlwinds and you will pay the price."

Kamala Harris (In response to the question: If you could be on an elevator with President Trump, Mike Pence or Jeff Sessions, who would it be?"

"Does one of us have to come out alive?"  (Note: This was followed by her trademark cackling.)

Elizabeth Warren (After Trump's Victory):

"The way I see it now is we pick ourselves up and we fight back; that's what I think it's all about."  "We stand up and we fight back."
 "We do not back down, we do not compromise. Not today, not tomorrow, not ever."  "You can stand your ground and fight back."

I just pulled these from an 11 minute video, and this was just the first 2:30.

Fwiw, I'm not arguing that Trump's words weren't uncalled for and potentially dangerous, only that the idea that this rhetoric exists only with him or within the GOP is absurd.  And if you're going to take "fight like hell" as a call for violence then I'm not sure how you're going to ignore each and everyone of these. 

So if you found Trump's word unacceptable I would hope you were saying the same about at least half of these.  You can't pick and choose when "fight like hell" or "fighing back" or "punching people" "or make them pay" is just an expression and used for emphasis, and when it's actually a call for your supporters to do harm with those who disagree with them.

Just my 2 cents....

Messages In This Thread
RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - CJD - 01-07-2021, 11:05 PM
RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - CJD - 01-11-2021, 11:32 AM
RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - CJD - 01-11-2021, 01:04 PM
RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - CJD - 01-11-2021, 03:08 PM
RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - CJD - 01-12-2021, 04:18 PM
RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - Mer - 01-12-2021, 01:50 PM
RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - CJD - 01-12-2021, 08:51 PM
RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - Mer - 01-14-2021, 04:40 PM
RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - Mer - 01-14-2021, 05:11 PM
RE: Storming Of The Capitol Building - Mer - 01-14-2021, 05:22 PM