Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns win a playoff game before the Bengals do
(01-11-2021, 05:21 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Yeah. They won because of their running game and defense. Who would have thought the better offensive line/ running game/ defense would win a game in the AFC north? Lesson to be learned here?

Pitt is definitely decimated with injuries on defense, and needs to fix their run game/oline in the offseason. Their defense will be better with players getting healthy. Will be a competitive division next year. Agree that the Ravens are the best team representing our division right now. Either the Chiefs, Bills, or Ravens rep the AFC this year (likely the Chiefs).

In order to be competitive next year, we’ll need to find a way to generate more pressure on defense, improve our offensive line and running game, and just improve our defense overall. We’re likely still a year away from being competitive at least. But Burrow might make up for our deficiencies and keep us competitive (if he’s fully healthy and gets adequate protection to stay healthy).

I know this is dripping with sarcasm at the beginning, but you are dead on there.  And as far as injuries go, the front line of the steelers, their strength, was 100% healthy.  

To be competitive next year, the Bengals need to protect Burrow, give him weapons, and fortify the defensive line.  I really think they can accomplish all three of those things with one draft and one FA.  Will it happen?  I actually believe it will.  I can imagine Burrow watching this at home is going crazy.  He will want to be there next year.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Browns win a playoff game before the Bengals do - SHRacerX - 01-11-2021, 09:58 AM