Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns win a playoff game before the Bengals do
(01-11-2021, 08:32 AM)Nately120 Wrote: We did use the Browns being bad as a reason to be glad with the Bengals for many years, so now they've overtaken us I think it's quite fair that we are mad at the Bengals.  

And a 4th expansion team that didn't exist when our playoff drought started has notched a playoff win. 100% of 'em have.  Plenty of logical reasons to point out how bad this makes us look.  It's downer talk, but it's not unwarranted. 

The real bottom line is there are four teams that have never been in the Super Bowl.  Before the so-called "Modern Era" doesn't really matter to me.  I give props to the Browns and Bears for all their championships before I was alive, but hardly relevant with the structure of today's NFL.

Cleveland Browns
Detroit Lions
Houston Texans
Jacksonville Jaguars

Those are the four teams that have never been to the Super Bowl, and I root (a little) for all of them except the Texans. I hate that team for some reason.  Not as much as pitt, but I hate them.  I think they killed at least 5 long-shot parlays and they are on my banned list.   Hilarious

It has been a LONG time for the Bengals to make a real run in the playoffs, but let's be honest:  In 2005, and 2015, the Bengals were good enough to win it all and had every chance before injuries to the QB ended it.  People will point out some team that won it all with a backup QB (like Kurt Warner) but those are as common as good looking female steeler fans.  

Looking forward, we may not have a lot of faith in the coaching staff or ownership, but I have tons of faith in Burrow and that he will get the Bengals there in the next few years.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Browns win a playoff game before the Bengals do - SHRacerX - 01-11-2021, 10:06 AM