Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do Players retiring or being traded impact draft?
(01-20-2021, 01:32 PM)Benton Wrote: Good post, and a pretty accurate assessment.

And it's partly why I'm not too disappointed about sewell. There's a very real chance he's there at five considering how many teams need qbs versus how many decent ones are likely to be available in fa. Even factoring in some curve ball trade like watson. And if sewell is gone? Our pick could be worth a ton as some of those teams may look at the cap reduction and decide to move on from an older qb to get a little cap relief for the next few seasons

Yea, I am a little sad that there's a chance we lose Sewell because we won a few games at the end of the year, but there is plenty of talent in this draft and if we do decide to trade back, we could land another first rounder next year without moving down all that much, or at the worst, another 2nd this year and one more pick in the 2nd or 3rd this year or next year. We could do a lot with those extra picks.

The only concern I have is that we don't get Sewell, and then we stick at #5 and either reach for a need or take a luxury like Chase. These aren't huge concerns, because we will improve even if we reach for an Olineman or take an elite WR like Chase. It would just feel like a bit of a missed opportunity is all.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do Players retiring impact draft? - CJD - 01-20-2021, 01:51 PM