Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS***
(04-04-2016, 01:03 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: There's a difference between a good cliffhanger and insulting your audience. This finale was clearly the latter. Either the writers/producers are too dumb to know the difference or they're too drunk on the popularity of the show to even care. Either way I've lost a huge amount of interest in the show. The writing has been getting worse and that ending was the icing on the cake. I'll be in my first year of grad school come October, so I will be making zero effort to watch the new season. I can wait till it comes out on Netflix. Another year isn't going to matter since clearly 6 months won't. Absolute insult to all the fans.

Yep.

Compare this to the season finale of Game of Thrones. They end the episode with the image of a main character bleeding to death after being stabbed multiple times. It's clear this person is dead and now we must wait 10 months to find out what happens next.

I may actually be LESS likely to watch this show after that. It's a complete insult. It was built up for weeks and it would have been a powerful ending to show us who died and to show the reactions. We'd be left with anger for Negan, a loss sense of hope, and confusion over how they will recover from this. Since we don't know who it is, it's not as powerful. It could be one of the minor characters, it could be a major character. I don't have any emotions running through me since I don't know who it is other than anger for the writers.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Walking Dead Thread - Benton - 10-19-2015, 05:03 PM
RE: Walking Dead Thread - BmorePat87 - 10-19-2015, 07:14 PM
RE: Walking Dead Thread - Benton - 10-20-2015, 10:47 AM
RE: Walking Dead Thread - Nebuchadnezzar - 10-19-2015, 11:49 PM
RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - BmorePat87 - 04-04-2016, 01:46 AM