Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS***
(04-04-2016, 11:05 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: With regards to the bolded, what made this more than a zombie show was the story telling and character development early on. They cared about cinematography and storytelling. They have abandoned a lot of that. They randomly change up characters and, as an article I read put it, make you feel like you missed a few episodes when really you didn't. "Wait, why are they now together" or "why is she acting so out of character all the sudden?".

As for the rest, I agree. They now care more about marketing than story telling. One article basically said "I can't hate it because the revenue TWD generates for AMC allows them to make a lot of their better shows that don't garner the same audiences". 

To the bold, agreed. And it's unfortunate. It's why I looked forward to the show. Some of the shots during the farm episodes were outstanding, and the first two episodes were great on both fronts. But that's steadily fallen away to the point of "we're just going to do tight shots in some small town back alley" or just throwing a lot more blood on something.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Walking Dead Thread - Benton - 10-19-2015, 05:03 PM
RE: Walking Dead Thread - BmorePat87 - 10-19-2015, 07:14 PM
RE: Walking Dead Thread - Benton - 10-20-2015, 10:47 AM
RE: Walking Dead Thread - Nebuchadnezzar - 10-19-2015, 11:49 PM
RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Benton - 04-04-2016, 11:12 AM