Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS***
(10-25-2016, 02:15 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Negan is weird and brutal, but he's not sadistic like the Governor. The Governor would rape and torture. Negan is actually pretty reasonable when you consider he only killed one of Rick's people despite having a whole host of his group killed. He believes in order. 

(10-25-2016, 03:18 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: It's what makes Megan such a great "villain." He's not inherently evil or anything. If the series followed Megan from day 1 instead of Rick, there's just as much a chance that the audience would see Rick and his gang as the villains instead. I look forward to JDM's interpretation of the character even if his language is a little less....colorful.

(10-25-2016, 05:32 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yea, Negan is really lawful neutral leaning towards lawful evil where as the Governor was chaotic evil. People keep saying way worse than the Governor" but a lot of that has to do with him killing Glenn.

He's fair, he wants order, he doesn't kill unless it is to make a point or better his own group, he doesn't like rape, and we'd rather a group work for him in than be wiped out. He thinks his survival is dependent on a strong community with lots of rules, so he does that. The Governor cut off Rick's hand within minutes of meeting him just cause and then raped Michonne brutally and repeatedly. They just wandered into Woodbury and were friendly. 

While I agree on the D&D-based ratings of the Governor as Chaotic Evil and Negan as more Lawful, I'd have to say that his "Evil tendency" is more than just a tendency. Terrorizing people and cracking jokes before you finally steamroll two of their brains qualifies as evil in my book. This behavior is along the lines of a parent who beats their kid to a pulp because they 'broke the rules' (i.e. it goes a little above and beyond). That's not neutral. A Neutral person takes a gun or knife and executes the person with just a simple explanation why and no dark-humor monologue.

That said, the fact that I see him as Evil rather than neutral doesn't mean he isn't a good villain. In fact, it makes him a better villain IMO.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Walking Dead Thread - Benton - 10-19-2015, 05:03 PM
RE: Walking Dead Thread - BmorePat87 - 10-19-2015, 07:14 PM
RE: Walking Dead Thread - Benton - 10-20-2015, 10:47 AM
RE: Walking Dead Thread - Nebuchadnezzar - 10-19-2015, 11:49 PM
RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Bengalzona - 10-26-2016, 12:21 PM