Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS***
(10-26-2016, 12:21 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: While I agree on the D&D-based ratings of the Governor as Chaotic Evil and Negan as more Lawful, I'd have to say that his "Evil tendency" is more than just a tendency. Terrorizing people and cracking jokes before you finally steamroll two of their brains qualifies as evil in my book. This behavior is along the lines of a parent who beats their kid to a pulp because they 'broke the rules' (i.e. it goes a little above and beyond). That's not neutral. A Neutral person takes a gun or knife and executes the person with just a simple explanation why and no dark-humor monologue.

That said, the fact that I see him as Evil rather than neutral doesn't mean he isn't a good villain. In fact, it makes him a better villain IMO.

Keeping with the D&D theme, Negan would fall in the more Lawful Evil, but I think the head smashing falls more on the Lawful than the Evil.

Rick and the group killed, what, a dozen of Negan's people? Add in another 6ish that got hit with a rocket launcher. Negan responded with just killing one of Rick's people as an introduction to the norms of Negan society (you work, you produce, you don't kill each other, you act civil). When someone broke one of the "laws" then Negan killed someone else (Glenn). 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Walking Dead Thread - Benton - 10-19-2015, 05:03 PM
RE: Walking Dead Thread - BmorePat87 - 10-19-2015, 07:14 PM
RE: Walking Dead Thread - Benton - 10-20-2015, 10:47 AM
RE: Walking Dead Thread - Nebuchadnezzar - 10-19-2015, 11:49 PM
RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Benton - 10-26-2016, 12:33 PM