Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS***
(12-05-2016, 03:00 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Well executed episode for the most part that stayed true to some important storyline elements of the comics. They really started to peel apart Negan and show how likable he is.

My criticism is that I do not believe the writers are as good as the Game of Thrones writers in weaving through multiple storylines in multiple locations. I think they're stronger with they stick with one or two stories. The Rick and Aaron adventure seems relevant to them getting supplies, but there was so little of it, it's just forgettable. Cut that out and add it to the finish of the story in the next episode. Same with Michonne. Negan/Carl/Daryl  and Rosita/Spencer/Eugene in this episode. Then add the 5 minutes total spent on Rick and Michonne into the next episode with the conclusion of what they're doing.

Agreed.

I was hoping Rick and Aaron would make for a decent arc for a few episodes, but it looks like it was just filling minutes. Rosita and Eugene was the same, didn't really add anything to either character and could have been trimmed down to Rosita insulting him and Eugene handing her a bullet he found while doing somebody's laundry.

It's gotten more noticeable over the last couple years as they have more people and more going on, but that's been a weak part of the writing. Their stronger episodes are when they stick with 1 or 2 folks.

But outside of Rosita/Eugene and wasting time with Rick's backpack excursion, I thought it was a good episode. Carl and Negan both showed they've got some depth. We saw more of the Savior set up. I'm guessing Negan is taking the other half of their stuff since he rolled up with trucks? Punishment for Carl?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Walking Dead Thread - Benton - 10-19-2015, 05:03 PM
RE: Walking Dead Thread - BmorePat87 - 10-19-2015, 07:14 PM
RE: Walking Dead Thread - Benton - 10-20-2015, 10:47 AM
RE: Walking Dead Thread - Nebuchadnezzar - 10-19-2015, 11:49 PM
RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - Benton - 12-05-2016, 03:57 PM