Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS***
(04-18-2018, 08:56 AM)GMDino Wrote: And the thing about the show is they will use elements of the comic but they are not beholden to it.

Carol should be dead.  Andrea should be alive and Rick's love interest. Carl lives. Etc.

I've read the comics up through the next group they meet in that incarnation of the Walking Dead so I was looking for scenes that crossed over...but unlike the real diehard "fans" I just enjoy the show without being too critical.  Not every episode is a winner but I want to see where it goes now.

I'm ok with changes. Hell, I'm a huge fan of GoT and that goes way off course from the source. They should just make sense. The reasoning for killing Carl was stupid. The show has been poorly written and poorly paced for seasons. 

The Walking Dead's problem, and I've said this a million times, is they force a small amount of source material into 16 episodes where as GoT condenses a ton of source material into 10 episodes. Even though they change some key elements of the comics, the general framework remains, and forcing yourself into that framework doesn't work for 16 episode seasons. If you're going to add material, create unique story arcs, don't put filler in the middle of comic storylines.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Walking Dead Thread - Benton - 10-19-2015, 05:03 PM
RE: Walking Dead Thread - BmorePat87 - 10-19-2015, 07:14 PM
RE: Walking Dead Thread - Benton - 10-20-2015, 10:47 AM
RE: Walking Dead Thread - Nebuchadnezzar - 10-19-2015, 11:49 PM
RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - BmorePat87 - 04-18-2018, 10:45 AM