Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS***
(04-18-2018, 11:00 AM)GMDino Wrote: I do feel the same way about the "extended episodes".  They are unnecessary and "poorly paced" as you say.  

On the other hand sixty minutes of pure action would be too much, IMHO.  I do like the slower moments...just not so many of them.

The biggest problem I see is the same one all shows face eventually:  lack of new ideas.

TWD is calm --> new threat --> fight --> calm --> repeat. 

In the comic Kirkman can adapt and play more with the theme.  How many issues was all all out war?  A lot more than the few episodes (which was basically a couple days in TWD time) we saw.  Kirkman can stretch as much as he wants...television cost a lot more to produce so they cut to fit.

I'm not criticizing non action sequences, I'm criticizing useless filler (trash people or ocean people). 

Also, there was a huge stretch of comics where there was no new threat. The first issue after the Governor was issue 49 and, besides a few issues with the cannibals, there was no threat until Negan is first mentioned in issue 96. That was a 4 year stretch. 

All Out War was 12 issues that came out over a 6 month period. That's the very start of the war to defeating Negan without filler. That's not more than 16 episodes, especially the episodes that followed the comics comics contained about 2 issues worth of material per episode. 

That's why I said at the start of the season that I thought they'd end it up by the mid season finale. They were on pace to and those first 3 episodes were actually the best they've had in season. Also, like I said, the show DOESN'T cut, they ADD to source material. They should cut.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Walking Dead Thread - Benton - 10-19-2015, 05:03 PM
RE: Walking Dead Thread - BmorePat87 - 10-19-2015, 07:14 PM
RE: Walking Dead Thread - Benton - 10-20-2015, 10:47 AM
RE: Walking Dead Thread - Nebuchadnezzar - 10-19-2015, 11:49 PM
RE: Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS*** - BmorePat87 - 04-18-2018, 11:47 AM