Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade options on draft day with QB needy teams
(02-21-2021, 01:27 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I totally get this approach. We are bad. We need help lots of places. And if we stay top 10, we likely could still get an impact player (Sewell/Slater at OT, Chase/Smith at WR, Pitts at TE, Parsons at LB, Surtain at CB).

But if it is really a QB class of two, with a drop to Fields/Lance/Jones, AND all those other quality guys in the top 10, it becomes unlikely we get a king's ransom for the #5 pick so someone can take Fields, Jones, or Lance.

Plus, we just have to upgrade the OL. With more than 1 guy. If we have Sewell & Slater roughly equal, or if Sewell is gone by #5, then consider a trade down. But whiffing on both could be devastating for Burrow. 

I think if we have Sewell (or Pitts, Chase, Parsons) as a clearly superior player to the others, I think you just take them at #5 and move on.

Have tot disagree.. lets look QBs the last few years taken high that were not expected.. I would say much debate on these picks since 2017  taken in 6 or above of late...  Mayfield, Allen, Trubisky, and Jones.. only 2020 i would say no QB taken first 6 picks was a more reach pick... but 19,18,17  yes
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trade options on draft day with QB needy teams - Essex Johnson - 02-21-2021, 05:02 PM