Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perfect Opportunity for Bengals to Build Indoor Facility
(02-21-2021, 02:31 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I may be wrong as I have not seen proof, but my guess is Mike Brown has given up majority shares of the Bengals to Katie for tax purposes. It would make sense they do it sooner than later (his death).

My point is I don't think MB is now the final say of any decision, I think it is Katie.

I agree.  And I think it's been trending that way for a long time now.

You can go as far back as 2016 and find articles that come straight from the horses mouth (Mike Brown) that state that he's stepped back and Katie and Troy are running the show.  Although he does say that he still has a say and does chime on certain things.

Andrew Whitworth's interview with Willie Anderson this past summer backs this up as well.  He says somethng to the effect of that Katie and Troy handled his contract and it took Mike Brown finally getting him another year (2015).  Then the next year (in 2016) Katie and Troy offered him, what he described as 50-60% of his other offers.

Then you look at some other things; Troy speaking on Bobby Hart.  Troy speaking on Kwon Alexander.  Katie and Duke being in charge of the coaching search that ended with Zac Taylor. The spending spree in free agency in 2020.  The fact that Mike has not done his end of the year press conference these last two years. etc. etc. etc.

I don't think there's any doubt by now that Katie is leading the charge.  That's not to say Mike doesn't give advice or is completely shut out, but I don't think he's nearly as involved as people still think he is.

Mike Brown will be 86 years old when this season kicks off.  He'll 92 by the time the new lease goes into affect (if it does, fingers crossed).  If the Bengals are going to stay put I think we all need to hope and pray that Katie has the same sense of loyalty as the old man, because it's going to be her call on what to do.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Perfect Opportunity for Bengas to Build Indoor Facility - Wes Mantooth - 02-21-2021, 02:44 PM