Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perfect Opportunity for Bengals to Build Indoor Facility
Fwiw, I dug up the old Mike Brown quote on the practice facility someone mentioned earlier.  Mike actually says he has a desire for one, just not as "keen" as Marvin Lewis.  What he's referring to in the quote is getting through the lockout before looking into it further.

"Marvin has a desire to have a practice facility. I have a desire, but probably not as keen... Right now, we’re faced with major issues in the National Football League, and those are at the front of our agenda. When we get through that, then we’ll have time to consider this issue."

Marvin also had a quote about it...

"It’s something that they’re in the process of trying to make some movement on at some point and when it happens, it happens,"

It's hard to believe, but these quotes are from 10 years ago.  This was right after Marvin finally signed his extension that had refused to sign previously.  There were rumors that he tons of demands before he would consider it, a practice facility was one of them.

Marvin Lewis' negotiations with the Cincinnati Bengals in early January were somewhat public, in that the publicity was based on subjective information that promoted more conjecture than anything truly sourced. Bengals owner Mike Brown wanted Lewis to return, and Lewis, who refused to sign an extension as far back as the 2009 season, wanted more; such as additional authority with coaching staff, personnel, an indoor practice facility, improved player personnel department -- you know, completely unrealistic expectations of a modern National Football League organization.

The one thing I think we can assume that Marvin did actually get in his negotiations was more say on his coaching staff.  Bob Bratowski was finally fired shortly after.  Bob Bratowski... that's how long ago this was.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Perfect Opportunity for Bengals to Build Indoor Facility - Wes Mantooth - 02-23-2021, 10:43 AM