Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perfect Opportunity for Bengals to Build Indoor Facility
(02-22-2021, 05:35 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: The Bengals do have a place now where they can build a practice facility.  I'm not sure it would be ideal for a Bengals/Bearcats shared space, but the idea they have nowhere to buld their own is simply untrue.  

This all unfolded a couple years ago when the city wanted to buld a music venue near PBS, and they wanted to use an unused lot that was reserved for the Bengals.  Initally the Bengals resisted (why the city or county have to get permission to use their own land is beyond me).  But they ended up coming to an agreeement.

The county bought the 15 acre lot that was Hilltop conrete company for 30 million dollars in exchange for being able to build the music venue on The Banks.  That lot is now free for the Bengals to use for whatever they wish.  A practice facility was discussed numerous times in local coverage.

Just in case anyone didn't know...

Hamilton County government promised the county will "use reasonable efforts" to have the Hilltop facility available for the first preseason game at Paul Brown Stadium in 2020.

Why is Hilltop so important to the Bengals?

The property will become 1,750 to 1,950 additional parking for Bengals games and the site of a possible indoor practice facility. The Bengals would build the practice facility at the teams own expense if the team decides to build one.  

The Bengals in an official statement wouldn't comment whether they would allow construction to start without the county having bought Hilltop.

Even if and when the county buys the Hilltop site, the Bengals have not committed to building a practice facility.

The Bengals are the northernmost NFL team without an indoor practice facility. Logistical concerns, including underground utilities beneath the practice field, have prevented an indoor practice facility, Bengals Vice President Troy Blackburn told The Enquirer earlier this month.

“If it were simple, we would spend the money and build it tomorrow. It’s unfortunately not simple,” Blackburn said. “It’s something that has been in people’s eyes. I think it will continue to be in people’s eyes. We’ll give it a fresh set of looks again … That’s why that was put into the agreement. We’ve had the right to do that on the practice fields throughout; this maybe gives us another option you could take a look at.”

Really glad I am taking the time to go through this thread after reading this.  That's great info.  

One other reason why this could makes sense for the Bengals is creating an operating expense that would decrease their tax liabilities.  I am no tax expert, but I would have to think that a substantial investment in a practice facility (and subsequent amortization costs) would allow the Bengals some tax benefits.

That would be awesome if it were placed on that land, right next to the river.  Highly visible from the highway.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Perfect Opportunity for Bengals to Build Indoor Facility - SHRacerX - 03-02-2021, 01:11 PM