Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Other O-Line options in round 1
(02-22-2021, 06:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If good WR’s are so easy to find in the mid rounds why have we been trying to replace Marvin Jones’ speed for 5 years now? I’ve seen enough Josh Malone, Cody Core types at this point.

If Taylor wants to run 11 personnel and continue to sling it all over the field we need way more than a role player as a starter. Now if he’s going to balance the offense out more (and not rely solely on Burrow) by getting Mixon a ton of touches then that’s a different story. But that just doesn’t seem like Taylor’s M.O.

As for needing a star on the OL? I think the one thing almost all of us can agree on is taking Sewell if he’s there. It’s a no brainer. What we do if he’s not is where we seem to have diverging opinions. I personally want an elite guy like Chase or Pitts in that scenario. Others want to trade back and hope the 2nd or 3rd best OT’s are there. I’d rather have Chase/Pitts + Eichenberg/Leatherwood than Slater/Darrisaw + whoever.

It just seems like many Bengals fans have become conditioned to viewing the draft as the only way to fill holes. But most other teams don’t operate like that. I want another free agency like we just saw last year, but geared towards the OL this time instead of the defense.
it would actually be Slater/Darrisaw + whoever + another whoever
(02-22-2021, 06:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I specifically said ending up with the 3rd best player at his position in a year we had a top 5 pick would be a disaster. I’d be fine with trading back a couple spots and still taking a guy like Pitts.
Fair enough..and I'd be fine with trading back a couple spots and going BPA. IMO #5 OA is not BPA it's BPA at a position of need.

According to draft value a favorable trade for the Bengals would be Denver #5 for #9 and #40 and an unfavorable would be SF #5 for #12 and #43. Both are "realistic"

Of all the mocks I've seen the most likely top 4 are the 3 QBs and Sewell. One such is PFN:
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2021-nfl-mock-draft-3-round-cummings-february/

Using that you can stand pat and go Chase/Pitts + Eichenberg/Leatherwood or bfine can accept Denver and go Darrisaw/Slater + Phillips/Nixon + Freiermuth/R. Moore
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Other O-Line options in round 1 - JWW1971 - 02-22-2021, 01:21 AM
RE: Other O-Line options in round 1 - bfine32 - 02-22-2021, 06:47 PM
Other O-Line options in round 1 - BenZoo2 - 02-24-2021, 05:46 PM
RE: Other O-Line options in round 1 - yang - 02-25-2021, 06:42 PM