Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Michael Jordan is Working Out With Willie Anderson
(06-15-2021, 02:36 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: By what metric was he "arguably the best mauling, run blocking O-lineman in the draft"? There were 71 guys graded better than him, overall, and a quick count shows at least 10 of them were graded higher--names that i instantly recognized as being drafted and that's not including Sewell and Slater who weren't graded last year.

I'm not sure why you keep name-dropping Synric but, let's be honest, you named about 15 guys you wanted in the 2nd round leading up to the draft. 

The injury was not the only reason evaluators thought he "dropped" to the 2nd round. He was widely viewed as a guy that had "starting potential" and could be an "adequate" guard in the NFL. Also, back injuries are never "over with" once surgery is done. 

Sewell has a much, much better chance of being great off the bat than Carman does.

Speed rushers were not his "only weakness". There's a reason why it was a weakness and it's not going to just disappear because he moves inside. His change of direction and hand placement isn't going to magically get better because he has a little less space to work in. His player and situational awareness isn't going to just magically improve because he moves inside. Sewell is head and shoulders above Carman in awareness, agility and overall athletic ability and he shows stronger on tape. It's not really even close.

Anything is possible. Pollack could be a huge boost for him but you've taken the guy and, without playing a single down in the NFL, skyrocketed him from being a potential starter to being a guy sniffing All Pro. I get the excitement but you're going off the rails in your predictions without anything more than a passage of time. 

Not fair to say 71 guys were graded better than Carman, how many OL were graded better than him is the question?

I had him graded as a 2nd rounder before the Draft and that is right where we got him and even traded back and added picks.

Carman is not going to face near as many speed rushers at Guard, fact. This was widely known as his main weakness before the 
Draft and most who studied up on him knew this and wanted him to move to Guard if we drafted him. Sewell is the bigger talent
no question as he was the most talented OL in the entire Draft, but we all know how the draft goes. We don't know who will be 
the best OL out of this Draft. I think Carman will thrive at RG is all.

We will see who is right. I predict both Carman and Sewell will struggle a bit early as all rookies pretty much do.

But believe Carman has a chance to be a better rookie cause of the move inside. Just my opinion. If we were to throw Carman 
out to OT like most likely will happen to Sewell he would struggle more so IMO.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michael Jordan is Working Out With Willie Anderson - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-16-2021, 03:07 PM