Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are we not extending our good players?
(03-06-2021, 01:45 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: 1.) I would hope more fans would riot if we tagged Lawson.  Paying him 17 million dollars would be absolutely ridiculous.  He's nowhere near a top 5 DE.  Either get a long term deal done or move on.

2.) Really not sure why so many are ready to give up on Waynes without ever seeing him play in stripes. 

If the team was that high on Jackson they would have exercised his 5th year option, or worked out a long-term deal.  Instead they invested 16 mil into Waynes.

Waynes is going nowhere.  He carries 10 mil in dead cap.  I think people who want to pay Jackson (in addition to Waynes) are nuts.  We'd have like 30 mil tied up into CB1 and CB2, and neither are proven to be elite.

I'm sorry, William Jackson just isn't that good.  And this team doesn't have the luxury of paying out that much to a guy like him when they have so many holes.

I'm not sure WJ3 wants to be here. I dont think its about the Bengals not wanting him, its more about him not wanting to be a Bengal. And WJ3 is really good according to a lot of analysts out there. Joe Goodberry is VERY high on Jackson. 

But I do agree with you - tying up 30 million at cornerback is just too much. IMO the money that went to Waynes should have went to WJ3. Maye they knew WJ3 didnt want to re-sign (or maybe they even offered him an extension that he turned down) with them though after negotiating...hence the Waynes signing. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why are we not extending our good players? - WeezyBengal - 03-06-2021, 02:33 PM