Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is
I will be happy with Sewell, Chase, or Pitts.

I will be disappointed if we fail to land one of those three (trade down scenario). Pissed in fact.

I will be ecstatic if we land Sewell.

Best case scenario would be a trade down (& then up) scenario where we net more picks and STILL get Sewell, Chase, or Pitts.

I think Pitts is a generational TE as a receiver. Of the three, he has the most separation between himself and other TEs. But ZTs offense does not utilize TE much. And TE, when compared to OT & WR, is generally a less impactful position.

I think Sewell is a generational OT prospect. He is the only true sophmore to win the Outland, I believe. His combination of agility and strength and excellence as both a pass & run blocker is VERY rare for a guy his size. There needs to be a bit of polish technique wise. But the guy is a stud. Most of his weight is muscle, and at his age (20?), he will like fill out more.

I don't think Chase is generational. I think he is excellent. Top WR in this year's draft, and that is saying something with Smith there. He had Burrow, and Jefferson as teammates. But he is very fast, has good hands, elite leaping ability, and is good after the catch. Only 6'0", but very well built. And has history with Burrow.

I just think protecting Burrow is job #1. Michael Jordan and Fred Johnson are still 1 snap from playing time. Sewell fixes that (as someone shifts to OG). He also vastly improves the running game. Burrow with time and a running game will be excellent, even with the weapons we have. A great QB with elite weapons are rendered useless with poor line play as we all saw in the SB.

I also think if something else happens to Joe AND we pass on OL at #5, no elite QB will ever want to come here again. We'll get Elway'ed. Or at least we risk that. And deservedly so.

Firmly in camp Sewell.

Though I might risk a trade down if I knew I could get back up to Detroit at #7, similar to the Dolphins deal.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-31-2021, 02:55 PM