Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is
(03-31-2021, 05:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I will be massively disappointed if we take a WR at #5 when a generational Tackle falls into our lap after 5 years of o-line struggles. That'd be the most Mike Brown move ever. We did that kind of crap all through the 90s.

Let's recap:

Our 2 superbowl runs featured amazing lines.
Our lines were awful for most of the 90s.
During our 5 year run of playoff appearances, line was good.
Last 5 years (all losing seasons), line was horrendous.

Carl Pickens and Darnay Scott were fun players to watch...while we went 3-13.

Thing is, I don't even view Chase as an AJ Green caliber prospect. Taking him over Sewell when we have 2 good WRs would be utterly ridiculous. Btw, where is the love for Higgins around here? That dude just had one of the best rookie seasons in Bengals history, and we act like we have some dire need at WR? I don't get it.

Sure, we need speed on the outside, but we have a pair of 1000 yard receivers on the roster. We don't need a third 1000 yard guy.

Fwiw, I think people are just fascinated with pairing Burrow with his old teammate. Burrow isn't going to toss 60 TDs in the NFL just because Chase is on the roster.

TL/DR: WR isnt as big a need as OL, and Chase is a worse prospect than Sewell.

So much truth here.  This would reek of the 90s.  Just getting the biggest flash and spectacle possible to sell tickets and not building the foundation that supports a championship.  

Also how many passing attempts are they envisioning?  Last year the league average around 70 offensive snaps per game. They threw the ball 56% of the time last year.  The Bengals would have Mixon, Higgins, Boyd, and Chase to get the ball to, who is not being utilized?  Is paying Mixon @ $11 mill per year a good deal to have him carry the ball 15 times a game?  Who don't you throw it to if they try to emphasize the run with 25 carries for Mixon? 

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Burma - 03-31-2021, 05:24 PM