Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is
(04-01-2021, 04:43 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Wow that Miami trade down really wreaked havoc here.  Before that it seemed like many were ,"I hope we get Sewell but if not Chase or Pitts would be cool."  Now it is looking like because the Bengals may have a choice between the 3 it is an all out war between forum members on who should be the pick.  

A few notes.  I have seen some mention that Sewell didn't play last year and was 19 years old the last time he played.  Technically Ja'Marr Chase was also 19 years old the last time he played, the 2020 NCAA Championship Game played in Jan 2020.  He was born March 1, 2000 (damn I feel old).  He also didn't play last year.  So they are not that far apart in age and time since they last played.  Not that I think that means a lot but I just thought it was an interesting thing to mention.

Now what i think, which does not mean much as an amateur fan who takes these things lightly.  Either Sewell or Chase is fine with me.  I'm not totally sold on the, "Burrow is used to playing with Chase and the timing" thing.  They have not played together in well over a year.    So I don't think it is automatic they will just click automatically in the NFL against NFL defenders just because they lit it up together in college.   I think things can change dramatically over time based on coaching and team dynamics.  So I don't know if Chase is an automatic home run simply based on what they accomplished together at LSU over a year ago.  

As for Sewell.  It's kind of weird. Supposedly we already have a LT with Jonah and renting a RT in Reiff.  So the argument seems to be draft Sewell and let him play guard for a year and/or compete with Reiff at tackle. I think Reiff said he would would play any position including guard if asked to.  So if Sewell is all that people claim he can be it would be a great pick.  He would have time to cut his teeth on the interior before possibly moving to tackle if he is great and moving Reiff to guard.

IMO Pitts would be a luxury pick among the 3.  And I don't know if the Bengals can afford to do that at #5 given other needs.  I feel the current Bengals TEs are serviceable enough that drafting one at #5 might be a reach. Sure they are not top 10 TEs but I think other positions are more needed.

tl;dr  

Sewell or Chase is probably going the most argued point up to and even after the draft.  It seems some fans here are are kind of all or nothing with their opinions on those 2.   Mostly I just want to say you can like them or not and disagree on many points, but just be nice.  No need to get hostile just because you disagree.  That's the thing with posting on the Internet.  It's so easy to be rude and caustic.  I'm looking forward to how the 2021 draft goes but also think the limiting factor for the 2021 season may very well be the Bengals current coaches.

Spot on. I'd be happy with either of those three, really, but I just think that if Sewell is the player he's made out to be, we should take him to protect our investment at QB for the long term. That's the whole reason he's my preference at the moment.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Wyche'sWarrior - 04-01-2021, 04:59 PM