Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is
(04-01-2021, 12:05 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Because we have a good history of developing guys for the O-line.... if we had any success with that we wouldn't be picking top 10...

On the flip side, we can and have (just last season) taken WR's in round 2 and beyond and gotten production.

This is what frustrates me so much. The... try and develop a guy mentality, the well this guy could be good, might be good, has some flaws but we can fix them, is injured and draft stock fell, tested poorly but who cares, etc, etc... just once... I'd like to see this team do the smart thing. 

I get that Chase is a great prospect... however, Sewell is just as great of a prospect. 

Two equally awesome prospects. One, at a position of need that you have shown you can't develop for years.

The other at a position of lesser need but still need, but also at a group that you literally just had a 2nd Rounder give you 908 yards in 14 games.

It sounds like your biggest argument is that the Bengals can't develop talent on the offensive line.  I understand why the most recent failure of Ogbuehi is fresh in your mind, but they have developed plenty of offensive linemen over the years.  Andrew Whitworth and Stacy Andrews come to mind.  They even won a division with the ever popular Dennis Roland playing RT in 2009.  

I also want to reinforce the point I tried to make about how Chase improves every level of the offense.  Sewell simply can't do that on his own.  Chase can.  Sewell, at best, will be a really good starting RT as a rookie.  We already have that with Reiff.  And I certainly wouldn't be upset if they took Sewell and kick Reiff inside to RG.  However, I think the talent out there for Rd 2 would not only be a solid RG next year that could possibly be developed (not immediately forced to start) to move outside to RT.  

Carmen might not test with the quickness they want for a RT, but I could see him becoming a stalwart at RG.  An absolute bully of a run blocker.  And the Bengals also have Adeniji that they think pretty highly of.  It is like he has been forgotten.  He got some valuable playing time last year.  

But I keep coming back to Chase.  I just love the guy.  He tests like a freak and his tape matches it.  He knows Burrow and they are good friends.  He is built like a SS and tough as nails.  An Alpha.  

For this draft, the talent at OT and WR is deep, but I haven't seen a player like Chase in a while.  He literally has no downside that I can see.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - SHRacerX - 04-02-2021, 08:06 AM