Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is
(04-02-2021, 11:09 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: His phyical attributes are insane.  It's more than just size.  It's size with those numbers (6'6, 246, 4.44, etc).

Calvin Johnson may very well be the biggest physical freak in the history of the game.  And despite playing on some bad teams, and some injuries, he's one of biggest and best talents to ever play his position.  The fact that Kyle Pitts is even in the same ballpark speaks to the type of athlete he is.

Fwiw, Pitts is an inch taller than Calvin Johnson, he's 10 pounds heavier, his wingspan is bigger, and his handsize is almost a full inch bigger.  Now, I'm mainly writing this just to show that while he's a little slower and his vert isn't quite as high, he's also a slightly different type of player. 

As far his production, I would argue it was pretty crazy.  You say most of it came only in the last two years.  Well, yeah.  He's a junior.  Few if any skill position players produce a ton as true Freshman in the SEC (look at Ja'marr Chase for an example).  You also have to remember that this past year only featured 8 games for him.

Pitts, playing against nothing but SEC talent, caught 43 balls for 770 yards and 12 TD's in only 8 games.  In a typical 13 game, non-Covid season, this projects to 1,251 yards and 20 TD's.  And that's projected against all SEC teams.  Throw in a couple of weaker non-conference games and those numbers probably go up either further.

Instead of just comparing him physically to someone like Calvin Johnson, let's compare him to someone like AJ Green.  Just to put into persepctive some of these pro day numbers from a man this size:

Height
Green - 6' 3.5
Pitts - 6' 5.5

Weight
Green - 208
Pitts - 246

Green - 4.48
Pitts - 4.44

Vert
Green - 34.5
Pitts - 33.5

Broad Jump
Green - 126 inches
Pitts - 129 inches

Hand Size
Green - 9.25 in
Pitts - 10.575 in

So when you think of Kyle Pitts athleticism, basically just think of AJ Green, that's two inches taller, 40 pounds heavier, with bigger hands and a bigger wingspan.  That's the type of number Kyle Pitts just put up.

To each their own, if you prefer Chase or Sewell then that's fine.  But when you say Chase tests off the charts and produces in the tougher conference in football, the same can be said for this guy too.  

I like the AJ Green comparison, but "produces" isn't near the same production that Chase had with a lot of other weapons needing targets.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - SHRacerX - 04-02-2021, 02:09 PM