Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is
(04-02-2021, 02:04 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: To add to your comments,  I'd like to see how KP compares against Kittle  and Kelce. If he blows them away, athleticism wise, then that is a much more truer judgement of his value than comparing him to Calvin. But from the numbers you've shown,  it's already looking like Pitts is unguardable by safeties and linebackers, but I would add even #2 CBs of almost every team (except if a team has two high end CBs who are at high end #1 level). So,  he will open things up for the rest of the offense by forcing the defense to roll special coverage.  And if they don't,  then he will dominate. 

At this point, while I'm still leaning towards taking Sewell, the board has me convinced Chase,  Pitts,  or Sewell would all be great picks.  Of course most of us are not scouts. All things being equal I would choose to pick OL, but I don't think we know that all things are equal.  At this point,  if you told me that only one of those three guys would be a perennial All Pro/ HOF caliber player,  I want that one player regardless of position. 
Based on stuff being written on this board,  I am questioning which one would be that player.  I was of the opinion it would be Sewell, but now I think it might actually be Pitts, given some questions people have raised about Sewell. I am fairly certain that while Chase could turn out to be a good to great player,   he's not going to be a HOF type.  Just an opinion. I think it's almost just as likely that the best WR in this draft ends up being a guy going in round 2 or later. 

I almost want to pick Pitts and go OL in the 2nd round now.  And the coaches would simply have to change the offense to suit KP's skills. If he is that good,  then coaching had to change the offense to take advantage of all the mismatches he would bring. Simple as that. No excuses about our offense doesn't use TEs as a focus. 

Also I think the one factor some are missing when debating the Megatron comparison is -  Megatron was a WR, he lined up out wide. I don't think anyone is debating Pitts is Megatron or close to him IF he was ONLY lining up out wide. Pitts athleticism at his size is the only thing people are comparing, but the difference is Pitts should be used the way Waller, Kelce, Kittle are being used.... Now with that in mind think about the weapon Pitts could be with his comparable megatron "athleticism" being used the way those teams use those 3 guys.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Fulcher_33 - 04-02-2021, 02:13 PM