Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is
(04-02-2021, 02:56 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Again, Pitts only played 8 games this year. 

That statline of 1,780 yards and 20 TD's for Chase in 2019 is over 14 games.

If you project Pitt's season out to 14 games it looks like this: 1,348 yards and 21 TD's.

One player played with Joe Burrow, who put up the greatest single season in the history of the NFL.  The other played with Kyle Trask, is a pretty good QB, but nowhere near the level of Joe Burrow.

And it's not as if Pitts was surrounded by scrubs either, who also didn't also need their targets.  Kadarius Toney is currently projected as a late 1st round pick.  He's slotted to go right around where Justin Jefferson went last season.  Trevon Grimes is going to be a middle to late round pick.  And their other receiver, Jacob Copeland, who is only a Sophmore is a former highly rated recruit who will get drafted next year.

I'm not writing any of this to say Pitts is better than Chase.  I'm just pointing it out because of what I was responding to, that Chase has produced in the toughest conference in football.  Well, so has Pitts.  They play in the exact same conference.  And Pitts too put up ridiculous numbers.

They're completely different players so I would imagine whatever way one leans has more to do with role they're looking to fill on this team.  Both are ridiculously talented.  I also think both are "safer" picks than Sewell.  Of course Sewell on the other hand fills a serious need and has enormous upside.  You can't go wrong with any of them.

I understand what you are trying to do with projecting his stats, but that is part of my point:  Why wasn't he in all 12 games?  Injured?  He has caught 100 ball in college.  That's it.  Whether you project it over more games or not, that is his total production.  And that production is not ridiculous.  I don't mean to sound like I don't like him as a prospect, but I just don't see them as close as everyone else does.  

As far as talent around him, it just isn't close to what Chase had at LSU.  

And I think the Bengals would take Sewell or even trade back before taking Pitts at #5.  

It will be interesting, and I am thinking of wagering against Pitts that he won't be drafted nearly as early as everyone seems to be predicting.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - SHRacerX - 04-03-2021, 09:14 AM