Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st time in long time this front office.....
(04-09-2021, 12:36 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Man, that's still a crazy low bar.  .500 after 3 years??  This team needs to be in the playoffs this year or I'd show Zac the door.  It just does not (or should not) take 4-6 years to get a team on track.  Contracts don't support that length of time to rebuild.  It needs to be 2-3 years.  And we're already in year 3.  We're all obviously patient (or crazy) as Bengals fan, but shoot, anyone thinking .500 this year is acceptable is giving Taylor one hell of a long leash in today's NFL. 

MHG, I guess my biggest fear for this football team is that the front office even if he goes 7-10 or 8-9 will say we're improving.

The front office knew when they hired Zac Taylor he was very green.  They knew he'd take time to implement his style of play and players.  

However, I have a feeling this organization will say "listen we improved this year, Zac is on the right track, and we truly believe the playoffs is right around the corner.  If we fire the coaching staff now then we're starting all over.  We still have faith in Zac's plan". 

I guess if we're 7-10/8-9 and they fire Taylor and his staff it'll prove to me it's actually a New Dey in the Nati' mgmt.   
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1st time in long time this front office..... - TJ528 - 04-09-2021, 12:59 PM