Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st time in long time this front office.....
(04-08-2021, 01:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, once we started drafting like crap we went to crap. We had a great Draft last year with Smokin' Joe, Tee and Logan.

This Draft also has lots of players that fit what we need and we are in a great position. I think we take Sewell now and go 
for Pass Rushers and Playmakers later. Sewell looks like another sure pick after watching his Pro Day working with Pollack.

Also have to add this is the first time in a long time the FO actually went out and got some bigger players in FA the last few
years to compliment the Draft. I know some don't think so but adding Reiff, bringing back Spain, adding Hendrickson, LO 
helped the trenches on both sides and we are pretty stacked with Zone Corners now with Awuzie, Hilton, Allen as a FS and 
roamer who can play Corner too etc.

Have to also take into account Reader, Waynes being healthy this year. Getting these guys back is big.

The coaching though is still my biggest question round here. Mellow

I would say a typical "solid" draft is getting a couple key starters and maybe a rotational piece.
A "good" draft is 3 key starters.
A "great" draft is 4+ key starters.

If the Bengals can come away from this draft getting a good WR, OL, and then one other guy, that's a win.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1st time in long time this front office..... - ochocincos - 04-09-2021, 02:05 PM