Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase/Sewll - Part 2 of 3
(04-09-2021, 11:10 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I’m not concerned with size, which you certainly seem to be. I am completely fine with Hilton in the slot and while I am not a big fan of Waynes, Awuzie and Phillips (who I think was our best corner last year) are solid contributors on the outside. We are good enough there to not warrant taking a CB high.

Phillips allowed only 51.7% of passes to his target to be completed. This was good for 12th on the league, and he did it on 60 targets. Hilton allowed a 60 QB rating when being thrown at. Awuzie had the weakest season of them all, giving up 60% and 103 rating when being targeted.

If Chase is the pick at five, then the focus has to immediately shift to the trenches. What makes corners better? Pass rush, and we need edge rushers. Then, of course, what makes Burrow better? Offensive line. Protect the man. Grab an edge or OL in the second and the third.

I agree with every bit of what you stated. However, size becomes more and more of a consideration when you look at the size of wide receivers and the mismatches that offenses are trying to create with WR type TEs. I am absolutely an advocate of building the trenches on each side of the ball and I believe that the lines are the core of a team on both sides of the ball.

I really like Phillips and believe he should be starting on the boundary on one side or the other. I would be thrilled it Apple could regain the form he had coming out of OSU but I certainly will not count on that. The reason I take Meli in this situation is because I don't believe it is sound philosophy for example to take player 7 in a position group over player 2 in a position group if the opportunity presents itself. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Chase/Sewll - Part 2 of 3 - OSUfan - 04-09-2021, 04:07 PM
RE: Chase/Sewll - Part 2 of 3 - ochocincos - 04-09-2021, 05:38 PM
RE: Chase/Sewll - Part 2 of 3 - pulses - 04-09-2021, 06:39 PM
RE: Chase/Sewll - Part 2 of 3 - OSUfan - 04-09-2021, 07:50 PM
RE: Chase/Sewll - Part 2 of 3 - OSUfan - 04-09-2021, 07:42 PM
RE: Chase/Sewll - Part 2 of 3 - OSUfan - 04-11-2021, 10:08 AM