Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final Pre-Draft Simulation...really
(04-22-2021, 03:01 AM)phil413 Wrote: Props for spelling out your logic on a trade back.  A lot to consider.  On paper, it looks weird to see Chase at #7.  Would Detroit deal up to land Smith?  Maybe if they feared Cincy would take him (not likely with Burrow/Chase connection) or Miami would.  Which sheds light on Miami passing on Chase if Smith falls to 6.  They have the Bama battery connection, so I mean it's possible again it just looks weird.  If you get there, this is an instant A+ draft to add anything at all and still get Chase.  

Jenkins in the 2nd is the best case scenario for sure. I don't know that I'd hold the school against Davis, it's up to the staff to sift out what the player actually is.  Great write up on Williams, the DT class is bad so it's hard to find a good fit but he would make a lot of sense as a UT to prep.

Thanks for the reply. I agree with everything you have said and I think the underlying theme is that while we like to believe we know a little bit about what teams may or may not do we really do not. As you have shown there can be motivations to what prods teams along in selections they make. Some teams can may feel more comfortable with players coached by a specific staff. There could be a trait they have graded high for a player that they find more important than a trait graded high by another team.

I prefer simulations over just a random mock of who I would actually like in a situation because just like the draft it is unpredictable. While I and others may feel Chase is the best WR talent in the draft there are those that may feel Smith or Waddle are better fits in what they are doing or with what they have as far as in-house talent.

I will say right now, while some feel Sewell is the hands down best O line prospect in the draft, I would disagree and I feel Slater is the best O line prospect in this draft. I would not mind his selection at #5 if the staff feels O line is the higher need.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Pre-Draft Simulation...really - OSUfan - 04-24-2021, 11:10 AM